Tuesday, December 22, 2009

LONG TIME NO SEEEEE...

Woww...it's been such a long time since my last entry...almost a year..though it feels much longer...probably because my life has changed a hundred percent since then...my little Ela arrived on 22nd June this year and I was definitely re-born with her...I can't describe the feeling of being a mom...it's just not possible..I guess only a mother can understand the amazing love, compassion, affection, passion and amazing connection you have with your baby.



Yesterday we celebrated Ela's half year birthday...our first six months together have been very joyful and full with happiness. Ela is pretty much an angel baby and I really can't complain about anything in general..she almost slept through the first three months and after her 4th month we were able to set up a routine which has allowed me to have my own time in the evenings and during her naps at daytime. 2 weeks ago she went through her first teething period and I have to say she coped very well with this dramatic change in her body...she only became red cheeks and was slightly fussy...I think she's also been quite ready for solid food for a while now but due to the risk of allergies and asthma I decided to start this weekend with pear puree...I'm planning to stick to Annabel Karmel's meal planner for babies. Starting with pears at breakfast for three days and then introducing a new food and moving the pears to lunch time. I'm planning to give squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, oatmeal and (brown) rice cereal at the beginning.
Today we went to the pediatrician for a routine check-up...Ela weighs 8.450 gr and is 69.5 cm long now...she's relatively big for her age but I think babies are bigger now than they used to be since almost all of my friends' babies are bigger than average. Concerning her motor skills she started to roll from her back onto her stomach (only to the right) 10 days ago..when lying on her back she can move backwards when there's s.th. to push with her feet...she's also trying to crawl but so far she can only move a few centimeters. Her favorite activity nowadays is sitting (with my support) and grabbing toys and throwing them away, picking them up and throwing away again, picking up and throwing away again, this could probably go on for hours if I didn't get bored ;)))
She's also crazy about computer keyboards...she almost loses herself in front of the screen...I wonder if there are any toys that look like real laptops or computers???


No comments:

Post a Comment