Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What kind of family?

Today I read a nicely written post in a blog of a Turkish mom(http://ozguranne.blogspot.com/2010/04/cocuklar-yetistirirken-kendimizi.html ) ...it made me think about what kind of family I want us to be...or let's put it this way..should I really think about what kind of family I want us to be? Do I actually have to think about everything? All these thoughts about what's good for Ela, what's the best approach, which one's the best food, how I should do this and that,etc etc...
Like this mom says in her post families tend to think of themselves as the perfect family..always trying to be the first and best ones with everything..buying the newest and best things, sending their kids to the best schools, considering themselves superior to other families...
I don't know exactly what kind of family we are now but I know for sure that I don't want us to be anything like that.
In addition, I sometimes feel overwhelmed with all the information about babycare...and I decided to let it go a bit...reading less, asking less, wondering less...
Certainly not caring less...just less worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment