Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Day!

Did I mention that I'm not a huge fan of special days? Why did I get sentimental then because we spent most of Mother's Day alone with Ela??? Motherly hormones maybe? I was surprised about this rather unusual feeling of sensitivity..
When Alper told me yesterday he would go with his brother and parents to Cesme to look at the house we had decided we could rent I didn't mind at all. But when we went out with Ela for a walk I realized that I was probably the only mom walking around alone with her child :s
This feeling didn't last for too long though..I grabbed myself the latest edition of Vogue and went to Starbucks to have my usual decaf Espr. Frappuccino while Ela was sleeping. That was good enough.
Anyways, my first Mom's Day is almost over and at least we finally have our summer house now! It's a nice three-storey house in Ciftlikkoy which is located on the South West Coast of Cesme and is part of a private compound w/swimming pool and beach. My in-laws will spent the whole summer there and we are going to join them at weekends. The best thing though is that we have our own attic flat with a terrace with sea view :-))
I guess I will be spending my evenings at this terrace reading something after putting Ela to sleep. Not that I'm asocial or something...I'm just worried that I won't be able to hear if Ela should cry ;)))) ...

Here's the view from the house:

No comments:

Post a Comment