Sunday, July 11, 2010

Daddy's girl

I'm officially not Ela's Nr.1 anymore...she points to the door every evening before Alper's usual arrival time and when he comes she almost flies into his arms and giggles and just wants to play with him till bedtime. It feels strange of course to kind of lose my throne but it's also very heart warming and sweet :))



I still remember how the love I had for my dad as a little girl made me feel special, secure, happy and precious. I can see that Ela will love Alper in a very similar way.
Yesterday I asked Alper what kind of dad he'd like to be..not that I was expecting any answer :p but I wanted him to think about it..how does he want her to see him? Are there any features he'd like to change?
Despite my big love for my daddy I always found him very judgemental, narrow-minded and actually a bit boring.
I asked Alper if he thought he had any negative features he'd like to get rid of before Ela was mature enough to understand and see...I tried to be as objective as possible and didn't give any examples (ok...maybe I did..just one or two :))
I'm sure this will occupy his brain a lot for the next few days/weeks/years. Firstly, because I know he wants to be a good dad...actually...he wants to be a perfect dad. Secondly, because he's relatively concerned about what others (that is people he likes/loves) think of him in general :))

This weekend was much better than last week's..far less tiring and more relaxed. Sat we went to Ramo's again and although it was quite windy, we (that is Ela) had a great time. Sun I grabbed Ela and met Elif, Angelo and Guiseppe in Alacati which was also lovely.
Now we're counting down to our vacation in Marmaris! My favorite aunt is coming on Sat from Frankfurt and on Monday we'll be heading towards Club Magic Life Marmaris..yippie yippie yeay yeay :D
Apart from having a nice time and relaxing I'm also looking forward to missing Alper in fact. I must admit that although the constant traveling was a big burden while working being frequently apart was quite nice relationwise.
I guess it helps to keep it more alive...

Lastly, I just finished a book - some chick lit novel since I needed s.th. light after all the serious baby care /parenting books I've been reading lately - Sophie Kinsella's Twenties' Girl...a bit of a disappointment compared to her Shopaholic series which in my opinion is THE best chick lit series ever :)) (I'm so waiting for the soon-to-be-published Mini Shopaholic!)
Now I want to start reading 'The Help' by Kathreyn Stockett...a book I borrowed from my dear Nath...about African American maids working in white households in Mississippi in the 60s. (NYT Bestseller) Very soon there will also be a movie of this book.
BTW, I'm also looking forward to the movie of Eat, Pray, Love..another favorite!





1 comment:

  1. Dear Janset,
    The same was true for Leyla and Rick for a while. Now she always says Papa and Fahrrad in one sentence.
    The Help was a gift from me to Nathalie. It is still one of my favorites. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.
    Love for you from me.

    ReplyDelete