Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Very irrelevant two things today

Two days ago I came across this info about the most highlighted passages of all time on amazonkindle.
It's truly amazing to see that so many people highlight the exactly same parts in a book.
Like the following quote below which is Nr. 5 and taken from my favorite "Eat, Pray, Love" by E. Gilbert.

"The Bhagavad Gita—that ancient Indian Yogic text—says that it is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection."

And totally irrelevant but still s.th. I'd like to share; Ela keeps pointing to my Fa shower gel during bath time and while constantly repeating  "Fa, Fa, Faaaa" I keep remembering this song since yesterday and sing it to Ela although I really don't think it's the most appropriate song to sing to a 16-month-old :o
It was s.th. like our theme song at university describing exactly how I felt back then. I can't believe how much I've changed in the last 15 years.
The song I'm talking about is 'Psychokiller'(!) by Talking Heads (1977)

And here're the lyrics just to show what I mean :))

I can't seem to face up to the facts
I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax
I can't sleep cause my bed's on fire
Don't touch me I'm a real live wire
Psycho killer, qu'est que c'est
Far better
Run away
Psycho killer, que'st que c'est
Far better
Run away
Oh yeah
You start a conversation you can't seem to finish it
You're talkin' a lot but you're not sayin' anything
When I have nothing to say my lips are sealed
Say something once why say it again
Chorus
Ce que j'ai fait, ce soir la
Ce qu'elle a dit, ce soir la
Realisant, mon espoir
Je me lance vers la gloire
We are vain and we are blind
I hate people when they're not polite



Talking Heads - psycho killer
Yükleyen juanmeje. - Yüksek çözünürlüklü video keyfini yaÅ�ayın!


5 comments:

  1. Janset dikkat
    boyle çocuklar okumayı çabuk öğreniyorlar, ona göre ;)
    şarkının hep 80'li yıllara ait olduğunu zannerdim...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soylemiim artik di mi ;)))
    Baska sarki mi yok alla alla...psycho anne!
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooovee this song :)))
    İngilizce yazmak mı gerekiyor bu bloga derken, Zeynep'in yorumunu gördüm :)
    I love singing this song :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bernaa...deli diilim ben di mi??? Guzel sarki yani ;))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heheee, değilsin değilsin. Ya da sen de ben de deliyizdir :))))

    ReplyDelete