Tuesday, February 8, 2011

To drink or not to drink coffee

I didn't like coffee as a teenager, at least not the dark filter coffee my mom used to have in Germany. But then I discovered the Lattes and Cappucinos and Macchiatos and Frappucinos and couldn't have enough of them.
I stopped to drink coffee during pregnancy and the first few months after Ela arrived. And that was ok. I didn't crave and didn't find it difficult at all. Then I started again, though with lighter and decaf versions...
But for the last few weeks I've been feeling sick after drinking more than one cup per day and somehow had the urge to reduce my coffee consumption which I actually did by drinking more herbal teas and Chai Tea Latte at Starbucks, for instance.
And then I met my dear friend Alexandra last week who gave me the final push by telling me about a recent article she read about coffee which you can read here.
I guess I heard what I wanted to hear. I was looking for a "reasonable" reason to drink less coffee and there it was. Right or wrong....I don't care...I know there are hundred of other articles that claim the opposite and tell about how healthy coffee can be.
Maybe I should try and find organic coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment